American Truck & Rail Audits, Inc.
AMTR Company Overview and Service Highlights
Who are we?
- Nations premier provider of expert-based freight auditing and transportation-related knowledge services
- In business over 35 years; 160+ years of transportation expertise on staff
- Business focus: to provide after-payment auditing services as a complement to clients internal freight payment process or as a back-up/verification audit to clients that already use a third-party pre-audit and pay
What do we do?
- Portfolio of services include: After-payment (Post) Audit, Pre-audit and Pay, and Education/Consulting
After-payment (Post) Audit--our signature servicenever costs, only pays!
- Focus is recovering overcharges; 20% of client invoices have errors; 20-30% of those contain recoverable $$
- Auditors process client invoices, identify errors, & handle all claims processing for the client
Pre-audit and Pay--offered to small/medium-sized shippers in need of an outsourced transportation function
- Auditors audit client invoices before the client pays; AMTR can pay directly as well
Education/Consultinghelping clients to "know what they dont know
- Data & process analysis, contract development/negotiation, tariff interpretation, transportation knowledge
How are we different?
- Home of Smart Auditing®; business model based on human, transportation experts; unique in the industry
- Our transportation/audit experts drive the auditing processnot automated technology
- Education, training, and credentialing requirements ensure auditors are most knowledgeable in industry
- Auditors are enabled by leading-edge IT tools/proprietary knowledge-based discovery processes
- Bottom line: AMTR uses expert-based knowledge enabled by technology to discover overcharges, to recover funds,and, then, to educate clients in order to prevent future loss.
Why choose AMTR?
- We are the largest and oldest, expert-based, after-payment (post) audit firm in the industry
- Our knowledge-based, Smart Auditing® approach is singular in the industry; we have no peer competitors
- Auditing is our core competency; we can do it quicker & cheaper because of knowledge & industry connections
- Every client/account is handled by a personal auditor using a staff of experts to back them up
- We do secondary & tertiary audits; we also love to audit behind automated systems
What is the impact of our service?
- Average 2-5% of freight spend recovery on initial audits; 13% yearly average savings across all invoices with errors
- 95% of all disputed charges and filed claims are recovered for clients who supply full access to required data
- Identify voluntary overpayments (right charges, wrong approach) that can be prevented in the future
- Benefits of returned freight overcharges=lower freight costs & larger profit margin
- Benefits of outsourcing freight related tasks=less accts payable congestion/lower overhead/lower freight cost
- Benefits of education & knowledge gained=future savings/process improvement
Who are our clients?
150+ clients; serve some of the countrys largest rail and truck shippers including Fortune 100/500 companies
An After-Payment Freight Audit from AMTR can recover rail freight cost losses with our industry-leading Smart Auditing® while equipping your company with knowledge, tools & experience to reduce your rail freight expenditures.
Our signature service the After-Payment Freight Audit
Whether your rail freight payables are in-house or outscored to a pre-audit and pay firm, you can still
benefit from an After-Payment Freight Audit from AMTR, for a number of reasons:
- Pervasive knowledge loss: Lack of current educational opportunities in Transportation rules and regulations
- Loss of in-house experts: due to downsizing or outsourcing of transportation processes
- Over-reliance on computerized systems: automated audits or complex systems cannot handle every contingency human knowledge is required